Bioperl-guts: bioperl installation war stories

Steve Chervitz
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 16:34:24 -0800 (PST)

 > I have had the pleasure of the installation of bioperl on a number of
 > systems and I want to say that although it was trivial in some cases in
 > other cases it weas not (sometimes pathalogically!) and I have yet to
 > get a perl Makefile.Pl -PREFIX= to work anywhere.

Perhaps this was a typo in your message, but you should *not* put a
hyphen in front of PREFIX when you call Think of the
PREFIX=path argument as a make-style macro definition, not a
Perl-style argument. (I'm hoping this is not a typo. It would be an
easy fix!)

Steve A. Chervitz               Neomorphic Software              2612b 8th Street       Berkeley, CA 94710