Bioperl-guts: "renegade" GenBank related updates....

Ewan Birney birney@sanger.ac.uk
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 08:13:31 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Zia Khan wrote:

> I wanted to let the list know that I'm working on a  "renegade"
> version of bioperl that includes some GeneBank related updates and
> improvements. Improvements include Batch Entrez, access to all genebank
> related fields, and support for GeneBank/EMBL feature location
> descriptors, and more. These might be useful in the next release. I'll
> post more information later.

Zia -

this sounds great! The current development head in cvs has an object whcih
stores sequences + features (called AnnSeq) and this has a read/write
functionality to EMBL. It might be better (if you feel up to it!) to
get an account on bioperl and work directly on the cvs repository. This
way your work goes directly into the code base and also you can take
advantage of this new object.