Bioperl-guts: Reimplementation etc.

Alessandro Guffanti
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 17:05:49 +0100

Hmm. Why deleting ? This would cause a problem with Blast searches
numbering scheme (it would be difficult to trace back the original
sequence coordinates from the match if there is a deletion).
Masking is a very important issue, however; maybe a Bio::Mask could suit

Kate wrote:
>   We might want a routine to delete subsequences in the middle of the DNA,
> in case the sequence contains junk DNA.

       Alessandro Guffanti - Informatics
The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
  Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, United Kingdom
    phone: +1223-834244 * fax: +1223-494919
Project URL: