Bioperl-guts: Makefile.PL

Sanja Rogic rogic@cs.ubc.ca
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 13:50:13 -0700

Hi,

I've just send you an e-mail intended for my sistem administrator. Sorry
about that.
But since it's the problem with the Makefile.PLfrom Bioperl distribution
maybe you could give me an advice too.
SO, again, this is what I get

>perl Makefile.PL
parse error in file Makefile.PL at line 27, next 2 tokens "use ExtUtils"
parse error in file Makefile.PL at line 35, next 2 tokens "fatal("
parse error in file Makefile.PL at line 45, next 2 tokens "qw("
Search pattern not terminated in file Makefile.PL at line 45, next char
^>
parse error in file Makefile.PL at line 56, next token "}"
parse error in file Makefile.PL at line 114, next 2 tokens "my $sig "
Execution of Makefile.PL aborted due to compilation errors.

My OS is SunOS5.6 and we have Perl5 installed.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Sanja Rogic