Bioperl-guts: FASTA/BLAST DTD request [was Re: Response/Hit fields RE: DB work, request to Aaron M. RE: Bioperl- guts: REMINDER: ISMB sig n-ups (fwd)]

Aaron J Mackey ajm6q@virginia.edu
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 19:55:45 -0400 (EDT)

Well here's where I try to pull in the XML folks to help us both out.
I've stalled a bit in finalizing the data structure because of some work I
was made aware of to create a FASTA DTD (Catherine Letondal at the Pasteur
Institute, http://www-alt.pasteur.fr/~letondal/XML/).  There is also a
BLAST DTD (http://workingobjects.com/blastxml/), although having looked at
both, they're not complete (although the average user's idea of complete
is probably not as broad as my idea of complete).

Regardless, I'm (going to be) working with Catherine on the FASTA DTD and
integrating it into the FASTA package, in coordination with the
Bio::Search::* modules.  As a result, data structures may change to
reflect insight found from the construction of a reasonable DTD.

-Aaron

--
/ Aaron J Mackey           \