Bioperl-guts: utility scripts for updating POD documentation and the anon-ftp area

Steve Chervitz sac@neomorphic.com
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 14:52:09 -0800 (PST)

Chris,

I attempted to update your sync_ftp_src.csh to use the current
maintenance release branch. However, it doesn't seem to be working
properly. After I ran it the files were still not updated to the
latest versions (still 0.04.1). I'm not as familiar with rsync, so
could you take a look?

BTW, I fixed the file permissions in ftp/pub/SRC/bioperl as well as in
dag/src_mirror but I still was unable to successfully run
synch_ftp_src.csh as myself (but could as root). Perhaps we could move
your src_mirror dir to a general location?

I noticed that our http://bio.perl.org/Core/Source location was not up
to date so I made it so. This is redundant with
http://bio.perl.org/Core/Latest/src/, which is also out of date. We
should pick one of these and axe the other. Preferences? We should
create a sync_http_src.csh script for updating this location as well.

SteveC

Chris Dagdigian writes:

 > SteveC & Ewan-
 >
 > I've got the utility scripts in /home/dag/bin/
 >
 > o /home/dag/bin/sync_ftp_src.csh does the hourly FTP-site source code updates via cron
 >
 > o /home/dag/bin/latest_pod.csh removes the old 0-04 branch, exports a fresh
 > copy and then calls the script /home/dag/bin/wwwpodupdate.pl which does
 > the actual pod2html translation. The .csh script then uses the 'rcsync' program
 > to update the files in the production web HTML source tree. This should get run manually
 > each time we create a new bug-branch release. It is ugly but functional.
 >
 > The only thing stopping either of you from running the scripts yourselves is the possible protection problems with the POD->HTML files that got generated by earlier script runs. Chances are those HTML files are not writable by the bioperl group. A quick chmod() addition to the perl script should do the trick.
 >
 > -chris
 >

 >                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             !
!
 !