Bioperl-guts: site mirroring & moving to new server

Ewan Birney birney@sanger.ac.uk
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 10:21:55 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, Chris Dagdigian wrote:

> So-- this is how I think we can make the transition:
>
> 1. Pick a date/time deadline where _everyone_ has to commit all new
> code and changes into the repository

Suggested deadline thursday, midday East coast US time? I would be ok
for this. (chris could then check that it was all sync'd up etc). So
would Aaron - Steve you are the other main guy who might need to be
fully sync'd up (Along potentially with James Gilbert over here).

> 2. Freeze the CVS repository and update the data to the new server

2a). Do edits to the CVS repository to blow away bits we don't want
any more (once it is over on the new server). I'd do this on friday
morning (east coast time).

  !

  !