Bioperl-guts: 2 more bite the dust

Steve Chervitz sac@neomorphic.com
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 11:45:32 -0700 (PDT)

Ewan Birney writes:

 > 2 more bugs down. We should consider banning the =head3 directives
 > in pod as it just causes too many bug reports which are wrong (how
 > attached are people to =head3 ?).

Here's my opinion on =head3 (I already sent this to guts, but the
bielefeld server may have dropped it):

The problem here is that the =head3 directives are valid for pod2html
but are unrecognized by pod2man. The only place they are used is in
Blast.pm. I can look into re-working these docs to not use head3, but
it's kind of handy. (Actually, the pod for Blast.pm looks like it's off
anyway.)

 > We have the Parse bug and then lots of Blast bugs to fix. I will
 > volunteer to sort out the Parse bug sensibly and the rest are yours
 > steve...

Deal.

SteveC