Bioperl-guts: Fasta.pm and '>'

Aaron J Mackey ajm6q@virginia.edu
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 13:30:54 -0500 (EST)

Remember a few weeks ago I said I had taken out the strict requirement for
'>' at the beginning of records, and explained how the current algorithm
current work cause it was reading that character before it "should".
Welp, I fixed all this by using a small and simple internal buffer system
so that we can be real strict about things being Fasta formatted.  Works
like a charm.

Is there anything I need to do to make this newer Fasta.pm part of the 05
release, or is that automagic? (Not really understanding cvs yet...)

-Aaron

/ Aaron J Mackey           \
\  Dr. Pearson Laboratory  /
 \ University of Virginia  \