Bioperl-guts: Bio::DB::GenBamnk and firewalls

Ewan Birney birney@sanger.ac.uk
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 22:03:23 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, Aaron J Mackey wrote:

> The issue is whether to do it for a maintenance release (0.05.2), where
> all we should really be doing is fixing bugs, not introducing new
> functionality (which would be required so that you can specify your
> proxies).

I could be persuaded that this "bug fixing" not "feature creep" - afterall
we do use LWP for BLAST, so this aint so crazy.

It is your call Aaron whether we put this into the branch or the main
trunk.

> Otherwise you'll be waiting for the 0.6 release (unless you feel like
> checking out the cvs code yourself).
>
> Do we have anonymous cvs rigged up?

nightly dumps to the ftp site. I think a bit of poking around on the web
site should find it.

we don't have a working anon cvsserver. One for chris to think about I
guess...