Blast.pm - Incorrect handling of hitless reports

lost@sea.incyte.com lost@sea.incyte.com
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 15:06:32 -0400

Full_Name: Michael Thornton
Module: Blast.pm
Version: 1.8.2.3
OS: IRIX 6.5
Submission from: master.incyte.com (198.31.37.253)

Iam parsing blast reports from a stream using parse_blast.pl thus:

> cat blastout | parse_blast.pl -table 2 > parsed.out

What I noticed is this:  Say we have our reports, all in one big file.  Query 1
has hits, Query 2 has no hits, and Query 3 has hits.  In the table output Query
3 is not reported, and all of it's hits are assigned to Query 2.  There are no
exceptions or obvious errors produced when this happens, but it makes the parsed
data bogus.

I am using NCBI BLAST 2.0.9   The same behavior happens with 2.0.7

ok
mbt