- Incorrect handling of hitless reports
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 15:06:32 -0400

Full_Name: Michael Thornton
OS: IRIX 6.5
Submission from: (

Iam parsing blast reports from a stream using thus:

> cat blastout | -table 2 > parsed.out

What I noticed is this:  Say we have our reports, all in one big file.  Query 1
has hits, Query 2 has no hits, and Query 3 has hits.  In the table output Query
3 is not reported, and all of it's hits are assigned to Query 2.  There are no
exceptions or obvious errors produced when this happens, but it makes the parsed
data bogus.

I am using NCBI BLAST 2.0.9   The same behavior happens with 2.0.7