Bioperl-guts: Re: Bug List

Ewan Birney birney@sanger.ac.uk
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 12:58:22 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 17 Sep 1999, Aaron J Mackey wrote:

> Ok folks, here's the much-anticipated-and-begged-for list of bugs, and
> their assignments - you'll all note that there are a fairly significant
> number of Blast parsing related bugs occurring from odd cases.  As Kate
> Lindner recently stated, I think a good policy is to support formats from
> major search engines and not worry *too* much about
> joe-blow.blast.webserver output.  I've assigned more "serious" issues
> directly to Steve.

Great. Thanks Aaron. This is something really serious to get our teeth
into. I'd just like to point out that we really do need some help trolling
around the blast code for the grab bag bugs. So... please feel free to ask
how to check out the stable branch to fix bugs. <hint>

> I'd like to especially thank Kate Lindner for bashing BioPerl against as
> many brick walls as she can find.

Ditto... Many thanks kate.

[snipped out bug list].

When people fix bugs, make sure they move them off the incoming area
in the bug list.

Perhaps we should set up a 0.6 folder for bugs posponed to 0.6 - or
perhaps use postpone.

> #83 - compiled module reintegration - 0.6 thing

This should be sorted for 0.05.2 - as we had it in 0.5.1 people will
be confused if it didn't work for 0.5.2 ;). I have sorted this out
(we will have a new optional package - bioperl-ext - that people need
to install).