[Bioperl-guts-l] [BioPerl - Bug #3264] Bio::SearchIO::hmmer2 fails with Bio::Tools::Run::Hmmer, with diagnosis

redmine at redmine.open-bio.org redmine at redmine.open-bio.org
Mon Aug 1 08:51:34 EDT 2011

Issue #3264 has been updated by Kai Blin.

Ok, so I tried using Bio::Root::IO, but I'm running into the following issue:

When I instantiate Bio::Root::IO in Bio/SearchIO/hmmer.pm:new(), I can _readline() and _pushback() there just fine.
However, the readbuffer is not available to the Bio::SearchIO::hmmer2 object I instantiate afterwards. The first two lines are then missing from the file handle and the parser chokes on the input.

Apparently I'm not the right "someone" to fix this. At least not without a substantial rewrite to the way SearchIO::hmmer offloads the parsing work to SearchIO::hmmer2 and SearchIO::hmmer3.
Bug #3264: Bio::SearchIO::hmmer2 fails with Bio::Tools::Run::Hmmer, with diagnosis
https://redmine.open-bio.org/issues/3264