[Bioperl-guts-l] [BioPerl - Bug #3264] Bio::SearchIO::hmmer2 fails with Bio::Tools::Run::Hmmer, with diagnosis

redmine at redmine.open-bio.org redmine at redmine.open-bio.org
Mon Aug 1 12:04:41 EDT 2011

Issue #3264 has been updated by Chris Fields.

Kai Blin wrote:
> Ok, there's something funny going on still with _pushback, breaking the hmmer3 parser at the moment. I'm still working on this. hmmer2 is working fine with input streams now.

Just to note (in case this is the problem), using @_pushback($foo)@/@_readline()@ assumes the lines end with @$/@.  Any other use is not supported; this is noted in the documentation and also mentioned in Issue #843.  I had a warning in the code to deal with this but (1) a lot of modules broke, so aren't observing the API, and (2) it slowed things down even more, so it wasn't deemed worth it from a performance perspective.
Bug #3264: Bio::SearchIO::hmmer2 fails with Bio::Tools::Run::Hmmer, with diagnosis
https://redmine.open-bio.org/issues/3264