Bioperl: new version of and

Chris Dagdigian
Wed, 5 Nov 1997 15:58:41 -0500

Hi folks,

Instead of trying to figure out some horribly complex MakeMaker hack I just added
a bit of perl code inside of Makefile.PL that asks the user if they want support
for readseq configured into the module. It then asks the user for a path, and adjusts
the module(s) with a couple of in-place edit calls.

It's not robust, elegant or efficient [yet] but it works.

Once I make sure that the code will use/not-use ReadSeq in a polite (read quiet) manner
I will post the new versions up at

Chris Dagdigian