Bioperl: Wise2 release...

Ewan Birney
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 17:24:08 +0100 (BST)

I released a beta release of Wise2 yestertoday which includes
a Perl port. The perl port uses the XS system to extend perl
so that you can make what look like normal perl function
calls but actually use compiled C code. Using this I can
expose much more of the functionality of the package to
other people than I can in an executable, and in addition
is prevents endless parsing/reparsing of file streams.

Wise2 is package focused on the comparisons of DNA sequences
at the level of their protein translation.

The home page for Wise is