Bioperl: Parsing GenBank reports from NCBI.

Kutbuddin Doctor Kutbuddin Doctor <>
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 13:26:28 -0700 (PDT)

I have used Bio::DB::GenPept to retrieve and parse FASTA records from
NCBI. Are there other modules available (currently) that do the same for
the more detailed "GenBank" report?

I have corresponded with the author of the Bio::DB::GenPept who says such
a module will probably released with the new Bio::Seq module. I have no
idea when that will come about - so I though that maybe someone has thier
own solution.

I would also be interested in code if anyone is willing to share thier
invention of this "wheel". I actually need the code for protein queries
rather than DNA.

Kutbuddin S. Doctor, PhD
Burnham Institute,
10901 N. Torrey Pines Rd.,