[Bioperl-l] xml sequence download from ncbi

Geer, Lewis (NLM) lewisg@mail.nih.gov
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 09:07:31 -0400

Sequence download using an xml format derived from our asn.1 standard format
is now available from Entrez.  For an example, try
15  where val is the sequence gi number.  Note that this xml output is based
on our asn.1 records which are both complete and complex -- we may end up
making a genbank flatfile-like version, especially since there are small
mismatches between the asn.1 and xml languages that make the xml a bit more
complex than if xml was our native format.

We'd be interested in seeing comments!