[Bioperl-l] (no subject)

Strassel, Chris cstrassel@netgenics.com
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 15:31:26 -0500

Hi all,

I've been learning the modules for parsing genbank records. Pretty
impressive. I am about to make a couple of additions to provide some
functionality I need, and wanted to ask a couple questions before I begin...

I have seen some postings about parsing fuzzy locations for features, but I
get the impression that this isn't a function that exists yet. Can anyone

Same for sequence versions (i.e. the gene index number on the version line).

The author line(s) are not currently parsed. Has anyone done/tried to do
this? Comments would be appreciated.

Finally, I am unsure about how to go about adding functionality.  Create my
own objects that inherit from the bioperl objects? Add functions directly to
the bioperl objects? Something else?

Thanks in advance,