Bioperl: running local blasts

Fernan Aguero
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 10:01:35 -0300

Joey Morris wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if they are successfully running local blast searches
> using the module?

I don't know about the module, but I'm happy running and parsing
all my local blasts using the NHGRI::Blastall module. It lets you do local
(blastall), remote (blastcl3 or netblast) and wu-blast searches. Also if you
don't have a local blast installation you can do blast searches over the web
using NHGRI::Blastall and the LWP Perl modules (available from CPAN).

NHGRI::Blastall page is at <>