Bioperl: Workshop on XML: Course material on-line

Alan Robinson
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 14:20:30 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

Please 'scuse cross-posting - But I hope this is of some general interest
and use...

Last week I organised and ran a workshop on "An Introduction to XML".

All material from that workshop is now avilable on-line at

Including presentations, tutorials and exercises.

Topics covered include:

o Introduction to XML
o XML and DTD Syntax [Practical]
o Biological XML's - GAME, DAS, BIOML, BSML
o SAX - The Simple API for XML [Practial]
o XML Schemas
o DOM - The Document Object Model [Practial]
o Namespaces
o XPath [Practical]
o XSLT and XSL [Parctical]

Alan J. Robinson, D.Phil.             Tel:+44-(0)1223 494444
European Bioinformatics Institute     Fax:+44-(0)1223 494468
EMBL Outstation - Hinxton             Email:
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
Hinxton, Cambridge
CB10 1SD, UK