Bioperl: Q: How to setup a BLAST server?

Stefan Larson
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 12:05:24 -0500

Quick question: how good a machine do you need to make installing the BLAST
software and databases locally worth your while? Running 1000+ sequence batch
searches at NCBI is just killing me lately (and I'm tying up a heavily used
public server), but I don't know if it'll be any faster trying to run them

Any thoughts, anyone?

Thanks - Stefan