[Bioperl-l] Can't locate "_tag_value" error message in BPlite.t test

Peter Schattner schattner@alum.mit.edu
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 18:16:45 -0700

Hilmar Lapp wrote:

> Hmm. Which version/system are you running? The BPlite test passes on my
 Perl 5.005 / Linux 2.2.12 without any problem.

I am running Perl 5.005 / Linux 2.2.14.  I have found that if include
the blib/lib library, then Bplite.t runs just fine:
 [peter@pschattner bioperl-live]$ /usr/bin/perl -Iblib/lib  t/BPlite.t
1..24
ok 1
ok 2
ok 3
ok 4

However without explicitly including the library I still get this error
message.
[peter@pschattner bioperl-live]$ /usr/bin/perl  t/BPlite.t
1..24
ok 1
ok 2
ok 3
Can't locate object method "_tag_value" via package
"Bio::SeqFeature::Similarity" at Bio/SeqFeature/Similarity.pm line 170,
<FH> chunk 170.

Moreover I am successfully running various other tests in the "t"
directory without needing to specify any additional libraries.

Well its no longer a real problem for me  since its no big deal to
explicitly include the libraries  but it does puzzle me and if any of
you Perl gurus out there can shed some light on what Im missing Id be
grateful.

Peter