[Bioperl-l] Feedback from the course we ran

Alessandro Guffanti ag3@sanger.ac.uk
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 13:36:12 +0100 (BST)

It could be a good idea to pay someone
for the documentation - maybe somebody new
to the project and willing to help with the
nitty gritty (a computer literate biologist ?
a part-time person who is studying and comes
in once a week ?).

 Still, I think that a true
"manual" would also help: start with the
problem, solve it with Bioperl, show
how it was done including the code.

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Ewan Birney wrote:

>   (a) Documentation out of sync. It is annoying for developers, but for
> people learning the package, out of sync documentation is just plain
> *unhelpful*. This is an tough area for us as it is hard to get programmers
> motivated about real documentation (that's what the code is for, right?)
>      I think I might see if I can figure out how to *pay* for a full time
> documentation person. Do people think this is a good route? Can I drum up
> any support here?

Alessandro Guffanti - The Sanger Centre