[Bioperl-l] Downloading UID Lists

David Schibeci schibeci@arginine.murdoch.edu.au
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 14:36:39 +0800 (WST)

I'm trying to write a perl program which downloads a list of UIDs for a
given legume (Medicago Truncatula) and then check against a list of
previously downloaded sequences (via Network Entrez) and download any new

I've gotten most of it to work (downloading sequences and checking against
previously downloaded sequences) but I can't work out how to get a list of
UIDs via the web (I can via Network Entrez, but I want to automate the
entire process). I've tried using the search URL
but it limits me to twenty UIDs. I want to get all 80,000+.

Can anyone help?

David Schibeci
Professional Officer
Centre for Bioinformatics and Biological Computing
Murdoch University
South Street
Murdoch WA 6150

Phone: 61 8 9360 2790