[Bioperl-l] finally back!

Hilmar Lapp hilmarl@yahoo.com
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 11:28:54 -0800

Jason Stajich wrote:
> I can finally see bioperl.org on my end.

So can I, even though nslookup doesn't seem to find it (dig does).

> Hilmar do you want to go over the checklist of what is left for making a
> release candidate.
> On my plate I have
> 0) Review Bio::SeqFeature::Generic

This wasn't a real task, as it basically was the location problem.
At least that was my conclusion after soliciting 2 or 3 times
comments on what the problem is there otherwise.

> 1) Final biocorba/bioperl checks against Brad Chapman's bugs of which Ewan
>    fixed a few

So that's the BioCorba 0.2 item. I'd be glad if you could take
responsibility for that together with Brad.

> 2) Implement the CoordinatePolicy as per our discussion and fix
>     fuzzy/split to alway return a real number for start/end whenever
>     possible.  maximal range, etc...

I guess either of us two will do that, depending on who's got the
time first. It shouldn't hold back the bug fixing phase.

> 3) Fix documentation of example usage since there are inconsistencies in
>    Bio::Location modules as it is out of sync due to the many changes in
>    interfaces.

I'd also be glad if you could take care of this.

> Am I missing anything that would be my responsibility?

Not really. I'd like to edit the tasklist on Wiki, but the system
doesn't seem to let me. I'll try again.

Hilmar Lapp                              email: hlapp@gmx.net
GNF, San Diego, Ca. 92122                phone: +1 858 812 1757