[Bioperl-l] Promoter

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 13:38:32 +0000 (GMT)

I would claim quite strongly now that $transcript should have one and only
one promoter (of course, a single gene can have many transcripts and
therefore many promoters).

Quite what is inside a promoter object is, for the moment, unclear,

$promoter->tata_binding; # seqfeature indicating tata binding region
                         # undef if not defined/not there

$promoter->transcription_factors # array of seqfeatures, type
                                 # transcription factor...

I think a transcript having more than one promoter should be split into
two transcripts.

your-milage-may-vary here.