[Bioperl-l] ppm of bioperl release candidate

Lincoln Stein lstein at cshl.edu
Mon Dec 20 15:21:37 EST 2004

I've done it before.  I don't think there's a ppm target, but you
merely need to tar up blib and use the attached
(appropriately-modified) ppd.

<SOFTPKG NAME="bioperl" VERSION="1,3,0,0">
        <ABSTRACT>Bioinformatics Toolkit (1.3 prerelease)</ABSTRACT>
        <AUTHOR>Bioperl Team (bioperl-l at bioperl.org)</AUTHOR>
                <OS NAME="MSWin32" />
                <ARCHITECTURE NAME="MSWin32-x86-multi-thread-5.8" />
HREF="http://stein.cshl.org/ppm/bioperl-1.3.tar.gz" />

On Monday 20 December 2004 03:07 pm, Scott Cain wrote:
> Hi Lincoln and Aaron,
> Before I announce the release of the ppm version of GBrowse, I
> really should have a ppm version of bioperl.  In the past, we've
> hosted "unofficial" ppm builds of bioperl at www.gmod.org/ggb/ppm
> (the same place as the gbrowse ppm), though to the best of my
> recollection, I've never done the build myself.  Is there any
> reason I wouldn't be able to do a 'make ppd' in bioperl-live and
> get something useful?  Or is there a ppm build of the current
> release candidate already available?
> Thanks,
> Scott

Lincoln D. Stein
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
1 Bungtown Road
Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724

NOTE: Please copy Sandra Michelsen <michelse at cshl.edu> on
all emails regarding scheduling and other time-critical topics.