[Bioperl-l] loading sprot.dat

Robinson, Peter peter.robinson at charite.de
Thu Jan 8 10:18:22 EST 2004

Hi all,

I would like to load the contents of the Swiss-Prot file sprot.dat into a mysql database. Since I have a relatively specific question, I would like to use a databse of my own design and just extract portions of the relevant entries from sprot.dat rather than the whole thing.
I would appreciate it if someone could point me to an example script for this kind of thing. I did not see anything like this in my perusals of the archives or google, please forgive me if this question has been asked before!