[Bioperl-l] Running Clustalw using BioPerl Via cgi script

Jason Stajich jason at cgt.duhs.duke.edu
Tue Jan 13 10:35:39 EST 2004

You need to provide some more error messages - it most likely has to do
with permissions as the web server (and hence the cgi) run under a
different user than the uid that when you run the script by cmd line.

What error messages do you see in your webserver log?  That will help
someone answer the question better.

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Nathan Haigh wrote:

> I am trying to write a cgi script that will run clustalw on an array of
> seq objects and return an alignment object. I can write a successful perl
> script but if I try to execute it via a browser, it fails.
> Does anyone have any experience with implementing clustalw within a
> browser setting?
> Thanks
> Nathan

Jason Stajich