[Bioperl-l] more installation troubles on Alpha

Fernan Aguero fernan at iib.unsam.edu.ar
Wed Jan 28 17:50:45 EST 2004

I'm currently maintaing a port of bioperl on FreeBSD.

I have just been informed that the port is failing to
install on FreeBSD-alpha (I´ve only tested the port on

The complete log is at:

However the informative line is:
Not enough arguments for mkdir at ./Makefile.PL line 119, near "$dest_dir) "
BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at ./Makefile.PL line 273.
*** Error code 255

I'm interested to know if other people working on alphas
have seen this problem.

Also, I'm obviously interested in a solution :)

Is this related to the 'Arg list too long' problem of a
recent post?

Thanks in advance,

F e r n a n   A g u e r o