[Bioperl-l] Retrieve results for an RID

Nurcan Mete nymete at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 23 17:19:26 EDT 2004

I want to add some functionality to my website, that
is similar to "Retrieve results for an RID" of NCBI
In other words i am trying to retrieve blast results
using a particular rid.

following is the code:

my @params = ( '-prog' => 'blastn',
		       '-expect' => 1,
		       '-readmethod' => 'SearchIO' );
my $factory =

my $rc = $factory->retrieve_blast($rid);

$rid is a legitimate request ID that is passed as
parameter to the function.
retrieve_blast function returns
Bio::SearchIO::blast=HASH(0x2c9bf8), that indicates
the success.

but $rc->next_result() function fails and I get the
following error.