[Bioperl-l] testing a new Open-Bio website and mail list archive search

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Tue May 11 10:01:20 EDT 2004

Hello Everyone,

A fantastic volunteer (Kyle Jensen) has been steathily working on a
problem for us that has long been a major issue for us -- website
searching and indexing.

We've tried various solutions and ht://dig implementations in the past
and nothing really worked well.

Kyle has been setting up a search indexing system based on the code from
www.swish-e.org and so far it looks very very promising.

We have 2 main indexed search sites:

This page is a search index for all of the open-bio hosted websites:

This page is just for searching mailing list archives:

Please give the pages a whirl and let me know what you think.

Thanks again Kyle!

open-bio.org admin team