[Bioperl-l] How to map a sequence to a known UniGene cluster?

Wuming Gong wmgong at development.3322.org
Sat May 15 22:12:41 EDT 2004

I try to map some full length cDNA sequences to UniGene cluster by NCBI BLAST
with the e-value less than 1e-100. The BLAST database - Mm.uniq.seq is
download from the ftp site of NCBI. However, the BLAST results show that for
some sequences, there are two or more hits with the e-value equal to zero. I
wonder how can I map one sequence to exact one UniGene cluster or is it
possible to map one sequence to two or more clusters?
Thanks in advance!

Wuming Gong

College of Life Science,
Wuhan University, China.