Svar: Re: [Bioperl-l] tblastn, retrieving no match Aa from subject string

Anders Stegmann anst at
Wed Dec 28 13:08:32 EST 2005

Thanks again, it helped!

I have two related questions:

1) how can I tell if my translated protein is a reverse complement derived from a gene on the opposite chromosome strand?

2) why do I get the position and type of the substituted Aa when I blast the protein against its own gene seq, when I only get a position when it is blasted against a chromosome seq? (just out of curiousity)

>>> Brian Osborne <osborne1 at> 27-12-05 23:52 >>>

First, think about 3 * 349793...

Brian O.