[Bioperl-l] bioperl on Mac OSX

Arya Akmal akmala at nmrc.navy.mil
Fri Feb 4 10:42:16 EST 2005

  I've had some trouble installing the bioperl bundle on Mac OSX
(specifically 10.3.7). I've tried both though cpan and by downloading
the  bioperl tarfile and making it. The problem is that a large number
of the tests fail. I can do a forced install, but find that a
significant part of the functionality is missing ... as an example, the
HTML HeadParser.pm module is missing, so I cannot do remote NCBI BLAST
queries. Is this a common problem on OSX platforms, and are there any