[Bioperl-l] Announce: Bio::Tree::Compatible

Gabriel Valiente valiente at jaist.ac.jp
Mon Jul 11 22:45:17 EDT 2005

Bio::Tree::Compatible is a new module for testing compatibility of
phylogenetic trees with nested taxa represented as Bio::Tree::Tree
objects. It is based on a recent characterization of ancestral
compatibility of semi-labeled trees in terms of their cluster

The POD is now complete but tests are still missing and I'm afraid I
won't be able to work on this until August. However, I've tested this
module on all pairs of trees from TreeBASE. Any suggestions are welcome.

The theory behind this module can be found at: