[Bioperl-l] A question about replacing a substring using Bioperl

Alex Zhang mayagao1999 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 15 13:36:48 EDT 2005

Dear all,

I have a txt file which stores 20 short DNA sequences
and the length of each is 8, let's
call it A. Meanwhile, I have another txt file which
owns 100 long DNA sequences and the length of each is
200, let's call it B.

Then, I want to replace a substring of each sequence
in B with each one in A.
The replacement starting site could be specified as
you want(such as
starting at position 1 for the first sequence in B,
10th for the 2nd sequence in
B, 20th for the 3rd, until 190th for the 20th in B )
or picked
by the program randomly. I am pretty sure
substr(string,index,length,replacement string) can
finish a part
of this work.

But I have limited experience of using Perl to
manipulate two files. Can anybody
give me some suggestions?

Thank you very much and look forward to your reply!

Best Regards,

Do You Yahoo!?