[Bioperl-l] Re: Bioperl-l Digest, Vol 27, Issue 8

Marc Logghe Marc.Logghe at devgen.com
Thu Jul 21 17:06:42 EDT 2005

Hi Ping,
I have a strong feeling you are looking for bioperl-db/biosql.
As soon as you have set up the system you can load your genbank records with the command:
load_seqdatabase.pl --host localhost --dbname biosql \
                       --namespace my_genbank --format genbank \

You can perform queries using the API or fetch records by accession number with the bioentry2flat.pl script.
A good starting point is the BOSC2003 presentation of Hilmar: