[Bioperl-l] noob Bio::DB::Biblio problem

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Nov 4 12:27:32 EST 2005

> What happens when you set the access mode to "soap"
   By default, it will go to the MEDLINE database running at EBI, using
Web Service protocol. The protocol itself is hidden, but this
implementtaion has more methods than the others - for example you can get
also a list of available attributes that can be used in the search. The
details about this module is best to find by running
   scripts/biblio/biblio.PLS -h

> Ah, so I guess, soap and eutils are newer modules
   Actually, soap is the oldest one, this was the first module for
fetching biblio information.

Martin Senger
   email: martin.senger at gmail.com
   skype: martinsenger
consulting for:
   International Rice Research Institute
   Biometrics and Bioinformatics Unit
   DAPO BOX 7777, Metro Manila
   Philippines, phone: +63-2-580-5600 (ext.2324)