[Bioperl-l] release candidate 4 (hopefully the last!),
heikki.lehvaslaiho at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 11:47:38 EDT 2005
On Sunday 09 October 2005 01:02, Jason Stajich wrote:
> Several bug fixes went in last week so I've made what I hope to be
> the last release candidate before 1.5.1 goes out. Brian and I have
> been in the process of updating the module documentation so that the
> bug-info email points to the bugzilla page only. It is boring and
> tedious so we've not really done all of them yet, but I don't see
> this as a showstopper for a developer release.
I agree it is a boring and tedious work but it is done in all three
repositories. However, being a boring and tedious person, I did not read the
rest of your mail before making all those changes into cvs head. ;-(
Could you put in new tags and include these changes into the release?
I did not touch any perl code.
P.S. Everyone: Your next 'cvs update' will be HUGE so make sure you'll have a
fast net connection and allow plenty of time. ;-)
> Files are here:
> I have put a tag in on CVS called bioperl-release-1-5-1-rc4 in
> bioperl-live, bioperl-run-release-1-5-1-rc4 in bioperl-run, bioperl-
> ext-release-1-5-1-rc4 bioperl-ext. If you make any changes that
> should go in 1.5.1 you will let us know and we will need to make a
> branch and apply the changes to the branch only. I will only make
> the release from the branch now.
> This will not be the branch for 1.6 but I expect we need to discuss a
> plan for that. Still positions available for a release master/
> pumpking for the 1.6 release. I want 1.6 to go out in Q1 2006, but
> willing to hear debate on the topic.
> Please also have a look at the Changes file, if there is something
> missing, add it!
> Hilmar, I want to make a bioperl-db release, is this from the HEAD or
> is there a branch? If you want to make the release files please do,
> otherwise let me know which tags it should have (and if you are ready).
> In terms of version number, I don't care too much if it is 1.5.1 or
> something else. We just need to document it on a website/FAQ. I
> guess I would lean towards not calling it 1.5.1 but I don't care that
> I will plan to make the release on Thursday or Friday of this week
> (13-Oct or 14-Oct) if there are no holdups.
> Jason Stajich
> Duke University
> Bioperl-l mailing list
> Bioperl-l at portal.open-bio.org
______ _/ _/_____________________________________________________
_/ _/ http://www.ebi.ac.uk/mutations/
_/ _/ _/ Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki at_ebi _ac _uk
_/_/_/_/_/ EMBL Outstation, European Bioinformatics Institute
_/ _/ _/ Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton
_/ _/ _/ Cambridge, CB10 1SD, United Kingdom
_/ Phone: +44 (0)1223 494 644 FAX: +44 (0)1223 494 468
More information about the Bioperl-l