[Bioperl-l] delete some nodes in a Bio::Tree

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at duke.edu
Wed Sep 7 11:46:32 EDT 2005

Don't forget to look at the HOWTO:

There is a remove_Node function for Bio::Tree objects in
Bio::Tree::TreeFunctionI module.
You use it like:

So for example to remove all the nodes (presumably terminal taxa)
which start with 'hsap':
for my $node ( $tree->get_nodes ) {
   if( $node->id =~ /^hsap/ ) {

I've just fixed a small bug when a node is last in a clade so you'd
do best to grab the code from CVS , at least the Bio/Tree and Bio/
TreeIO directories.