[Bioperl-l] releasing next week

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at duke.edu
Thu Sep 8 17:30:09 EDT 2005

All tests pass for me on two different machines.

If you have any reason for the 1.5.1 release to not happen next week,  
please speak up now.  I'm trying to time it with the GMOD Gbrowse  
release so people can feel comfortable upgrading to bioperl 1.5 and  
the latest Gbrowse at the same time.

The only test failing for me to DBCUTG.t this seems  to be a  
webserver error - perhaps they have changed their interface?  This is  
rather minor so I won't let it hold up the release if no one looks at  
it before next week.

I'm choosing to ignore the "" overloading in SeqFeature/Annotation  
objects for 1.5.1.  Similarly, adding additional seqfeature tests are  
going to be on the backburner for this release but need to be done  
before the 1.6 release.

I'd like to see if we can help Brian with the SeqIO test overhaul.   
This seems like the only other outstanding issue.

My feeling is the TypedSeqFeature implementation can wait, perhaps in  
a future 1.5.x in prep for 1.6.

I'm thinking I will try and put a release candidate up by Monday and  
release as soon as a few people have tested it out.  Please do me a  
favor and do a fresh CVS checkout and run make test on your own  
machines to see what else still needs work.

Jason Stajich
Duke University

More information about the Bioperl-l mailing list