[Bioperl-l] Database Retrieval

Rick Scavetta RScavett at uni-koeln.de
Mon Aug 7 09:58:39 EDT 2006

Hello Programmers,

I have a list of mouse GeneIDs for which I have extracted the RefSeqs for.
With these accession numbers I want to know what are the three closest
upstream and downstream genes (and orientation, if possible) to my gene of
interest. Is these some way of finding this out? Any suggestions?

Also, I would also like to know something about the expression of a
particular gene of interest. e.g. ba querying the Novartis Gene Atlas
(http://symatlas.gnf.org/SymAtlas/). Is there a module for handling
submissions and retrieving results of this sort?

Rick Scavetta

Rick Scavetta
Department of Genetics
Evolutionary Genetics