[Bioperl-l] GAME XML format - who's maintaining it?

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Mon Aug 28 17:46:59 EDT 2006

What is the current status for support of this sequence format for Bioperl?
The SeqIO modules don't seem to be maintained, and I don't know the current
status of the GAME sequence format.  Should these be deprecated?

I noticed several problems with GAME format parsing while looking at this

I would rather not spend time on a SeqIO module where a majority of the XML
tags seem to be ignored, the parsing is broken, the write_seq() is
incomplete, etc.

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab
Dept. of Biochemistry