[Bioperl-l] (no subject)

Paul Boutros paul.boutros at utoronto.ca
Tue Feb 7 20:38:42 EST 2006

Hi Roger,

I would definitely prefer a fully Perl-based implementation.  For starters, I have not
been successful in compiling the Toolkit that contains netblast for some platforms (e.g.
AIX 5.2 w/gcc 4.0).

I haven't been following the discussion: is there some compelling reason to prefer a
netblast-based system that's come up recently?  I'm guessing that adding a new non-perl
dependency would only be done if there was considerable justification for this type of
change, but I'm not clear from your message what that justification is.

Message: 12