[Bioperl-l] distmat matrix

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at duke.edu
Wed Feb 15 08:19:41 EST 2006

Bioperl can parse PHYLIP distance matricies, see Bio::Matrix::IO.  I
didn't write an EMBOSS distmat result parser but that would be nice
to have (but check that EMBOSS doesn't already allow output in phylip
format first).

There is pure-perl distance matrix calculation of a MSA for DNA
and for protein

There is some initial discussion here on the website, but could
certainly use some more details.