[Bioperl-l] How to download sequence files either in EMBL format

chen li chen_li3 at yahoo.com
Tue May 23 18:59:46 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I need to download one sequence for a gene. I go to
NCBI website,find the gene of interest,download the
file in Genbank format(saved as sequence.genbank). But
to my surprise this so-called genbank format file
doesn't contain many features such as exons,compared
to the one in Emsembl.

My question: where can I download this sequence file
in EMBL format? It looks like the one in EMBL might
contain other information such exon.

Thank you very much,

Do You Yahoo!?