[Bioperl-l] Bio::DB::GFF and feature order

Andrew Stewart stewarta at nmrc.navy.mil
Thu Nov 2 15:26:08 EST 2006

In attempting to determine some statistics on the distances between
CDS features in my Bio::DB::GFF database, I ran a query on all CDS
features as follows...

my @CDS = $segment->features('CDS');

...only to find that the features returned are not in order.  Is
there a way of returning the features in order or sorting them
through some internal Bio::DB::GFF related method, aside from the
more obvious  path of sorting through the array itself (somehow)?

Andrew Stewart
Research Assistant, Genomics Team
Navy Medical Research Center (NMRC)
Biological Defense Research Directorate (BDRD)
BDRD Annex
12300 Washington Avenue, 2nd Floor
Rockville, MD 20852

email: stewarta at nmrc.navy.mil