[Bioperl-l] StandAloneFasta::version

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Tue Nov 7 04:15:41 EST 2006

Nathan S. Haigh wrote:
> I agree, I was going to update the tests later this morning :-P  Any
> thoughts about version() or should I just leave it be for now?

If its no trouble, go ahead with a version() method. Its nice to have in
any case. I'd suggest your latter option of 'there be a function that
does a compare internally so it can be accessed something like:
print "we have met the min version requirement\n" if
In fact, it ought to work with '34t26b3' as well (I guess the method
would try what it was given, and on failure, try again with the last 2
characters removed, then try both cases again with a decimal added if
there wasn't one).